Guyana new 5,000-dollar note confirmed
Jan 21, 2014 11:17 AM Category: South America
On 9 December 2013, the Bank of Guyana introduced a 5,000-dollar banknote with the following features:
- Bank of Guyana logo and the Map of Guyana (front)
- Guyana's Rainforest and National Bird (back)
- Watermark: The Macaw and Value of the note (5000)
- Spark: When tilted the colour of the value shifts from Magenta to green and the rolling bar moves up and down
- Holographic Stripe: When tilted at an angle the image of a Jaguar can be seen.
- See- through: The value of the note ($5000) appears when the note is held up to the light.
- Latent Image: At a certain angle the value 5000 can be seen.
- Blind Mark: Mark for the visually impaired and partially sighted. (Right of note)
- Dual Track: Two track thread with optically variable and metallic print properties (Back)
- Intaglio Print: A distinctive raised feel
- Novel Numbering: Progressively larger numbers
- 156 x 65 mm
Anyone interested in buying one of these notes can contact the contributor by clicking the link below.
Courtesy of Hartmut Fraunhoffer (http://www.banknoten.de), Alex Zlotin, and Thomas Augustsson.