This 25-page catalog covers notes issued by the Government of India in 1937, the Reserve Bank of India from 1938 to 1939, the Japanese Government from 1942 to 1945, the Burma State Bank from 1944 to 1945, the Military Administration of Burma from 1943 to 1945, the Burma Currency Board in 1947, the Government of Burma from 1948 to 1950, the Union Bank of Burma from 1953 to 1958, the Peoples Bank of Burma in 1965, and the Union of Burma Bank from 1972 to 1987. Revised 9 June 2016.
Each chapter of The Banknote Book includes detailed descriptions and background information, full-color images, and accurate valuations. The Banknote Book also features:
- Sharp color images of note’s front and back without overlap
- Face value or date of demonetization if no longer legal tender
- Specific identification of all vignette elements
- Security features described in full
- Printer imprint reproduced exactly as on note
- Each date/signature variety assigned an individual letter
- Variety checkboxes for tracking your collection and want list
- Date reproduced exactly as on note
- Precise date of introduction noted when known
- Replacement note information
- Signature tables, often with names and terms of service
- Background information for historical and cultural context
- Details magnified to distinguish between note varieties
- Bibliographic sources listed for further research
Subscribe to The Banknote Book
If you collect the entire world or a large number of countries, buying a subscription is the best deal because it’s less expensive than buying chapters individually, and it entitles you to every chapter currently available as well as everything published—or revised (click here to see the Revisions List)—during the term of your subscription.
Sign up for Email Notifications
If you would like to receive email notifications whenever a new chapter of The Banknote Book is published, please join the email list by clicking the button below.