This 48-page catalog covers notes issued by the Banque de l’Indo-Chine (Bank of Indo-China) from 1888 to 1951, Gouvernement Général de l’Indochine (Government General of Indo-China) from 1940 to 1944, Greater Japan Imperial Government from 1940 to 1944, and Institut d’Émission des États du Cambodge du Laos et du Viet-Nam Viện Phát Hành (Issuing Institute of the States of Cambodia, Laos, and Viet-Nam) from 1953 to 1954. Published 08.06.2020.
Each chapter of The Banknote Book includes detailed descriptions and backgound information, full-color images, and accurate valuations. The Banknote Book also features:
- Sharp color images of note’s front and back without overlap
- Face value or date of demonetization if no longer legal tender
- Specific identification of all vignette elements
- Security features described in full
- Printer imprint reproduced exactly as on note
- Each date/signature variety assigned an individual letter
- Variety checkboxes for tracking your collection and want list
- Date reproduced exactly as on note
- Precise date of introduction noted when known
- Replacement note information
- Signature tables, often with names and terms of service
- Background information for historical and cultural context
- Details magnified to distinguish between note varieties
- Bibliographic sources listed for further research
Subscribe to The Banknote Book
If you collect the entire world or a large number of countries, buying a subscription is the best deal because it’s less expensive than buying chapters individually, and it entitles you to every chapter currently available as well as everything published—or revised (click here to see the Revisions List)—during the term of your subscription.
Sign up for Email Notifications
If you would like to receive email notifications whenever a new chapter of The Banknote Book is published, please join the email list by clicking the button below.