This 69-page catalog covers notes issued by El Banco Español de la Habana (The Spanish Bank of Havana) from 1857 to 1892, El Tesoro de la Isla de Cuba (Treasury of the Island of Cuba) in 1891, El Banco Español de la Isla de Cuba (Spanish Bank of the Island of Cuba) from 1896 to 1897, Republica de Cuba (Republic of Cuba) from 1934 to 1949, La Republica de Cuba (The Republic of Cuba) in 1869, Junta Central Republicana (Republican Central Committee) from 1869 to 1872, Banco Nacional de Cuba (National Bank of Cuba) from 1949 to 1995, and Banco Central de Cuba (Central Bank of Cuba) from 1997 to present. Revised 17.11.2019.
Each chapter of The Banknote Book includes detailed descriptions and background information, full-color images, and accurate valuations. The Banknote Book also features:
- Sharp color images of note’s front and back without overlap
- Face value or date of demonetization if no longer legal tender
- Specific identification of all vignette elements
- Security features described in full
- Printer imprint reproduced exactly as on note
- Each date/signature variety assigned an individual letter
- Variety checkboxes for tracking your collection and want list
- Date reproduced exactly as on note
- Precise date of introduction noted when known
- Replacement note information
- Signature tables, often with names and terms of service
- Background information for historical and cultural context
- Details magnified to distinguish between note varieties
- Bibliographic sources listed for further research
Subscribe to The Banknote Book
If you collect the entire world or a large number of countries, buying a subscription is the best deal because it’s less expensive than buying chapters individually, and it entitles you to every chapter currently available as well as everything published—or revised (click here to see the Revisions List)—during the term of your subscription.
Sign up for Email Notifications
If you would like to receive email notifications whenever a new chapter of The Banknote Book is published, please join the email list by clicking the button below.