This 46-page catalog covers notes issued by the Banque de Syrie (Bank of Syria) from 1919 to 1920, the Banque de Syrie et du Grand-Liban (Bank of Syria and Greater Lebanon) from 1925 to 1939, the Banque de Syrie et du Liban (Bank of Syria and Lebanon) from 1939 to 1950, the Republique Syrienne (Syrian Republic) from 1942 to 1945, the Institut d’Emission de Syrie (Issuing Institute of Syria) from 1950 to 1955, and the Banque Centrale de Syrie (Central Bank of Syria) from 1957 to present. Revised 05.02.2020.
Each chapter of The Banknote Book includes detailed descriptions and background information, full-color images, and accurate valuations. The Banknote Book also features:
- Sharp color images of note’s front and back without overlap
- Face value or date of demonetization if no longer legal tender
- Specific identification of all vignette elements
- Security features described in full
- Printer imprint reproduced exactly as on note
- Each date/signature variety assigned an individual letter
- Variety checkboxes for tracking your collection and want list
- Red stars highlight the many notes missing from the SCWPM
- Date reproduced exactly as on note
- Precise date of introduction noted when known
- Replacement note information
- Signature tables, often with names and terms of service
- Background information for historical and cultural context
- Details magnified to distinguish between note varieties
- Bibliographic sources listed for further research
Subscribe to The Banknote Book
If you collect the entire world or a large number of countries, buying a subscription is the best deal because it’s less expensive than buying chapters individually, and it entitles you to every chapter currently available as well as everything published—or revised (click here to see the Revisions List)—during the term of your subscription.
Sign up for Email Notifications
If you would like to receive email notifications whenever a new chapter of The Banknote Book is published, please join the email list by clicking the button below.