Rwanda and Burundi
Today I'm pleased to announce another sponsored chapter give-away, this time thanks to the generosity of New York-based dealer, Murtaza Karimjee, who specializes in African banknotes.
This 3-page catalog which covers notes issued by the Banque d’Emission du Rwanda et du Burundi (Issuing Bank of Rwanda and Burundi) from 1960 to 1963 normally costs $0.99, but if you are among the first 100 collectors to use the coupon code KARIMJEE during checkout, you can download the chapter absolutely free.
Murtaza has chosen to sponsor this particular chapter to draw attention to the availability of a rare set of Rwanda and Burundi specimen notes.
If you are a dealer and are interested in sponsoring a give-away of other chapters, please contact me to discuss the particulars.
The Rwanda and Burundi chapter of The Banknote Book is now available for individual sale at US$0.99, and as a free download to subscribers.
At the time of initial publication, this 3-page catalog covers every note (31 types and varieties, including 1 note unlisted in the SCWPM) issued by the Banque d’Emission du Rwanda et du Burundi (Issuing Bank of Rwanda and Burundi) from 1960 to 1963.
Each chapter of The Banknote Book includes detailed descriptions and background information, full-color images, and accurate valuations. The Banknote Book also features:
- Sharp color images of note’s front and back without overlap
- Face value or date of demonetization if no longer legal tender
- Specific identification of all vignette elements
- Security features described in full
- Printer imprint reproduced exactly as on note
- Each date/signature variety assigned an individual letter
- Variety checkboxes for tracking your collection and want list
- Red stars highlight the many notes missing from the SCWPM
- Date reproduced exactly as on note
- Precise date of introduction noted when known
- Replacement note information
- Signature tables, often with names and terms of service
- Background information for historical and cultural context
- Details magnified to distinguish between note varieties
- Bibliographic sources listed for further research
Subscribe to The Banknote Book
If you collect the entire world or a large number of countries, buying a $99 annual subscription is the best deal because it's less expensive than buying chapters individually, and it entitles you to every chapter currently available as well as everything published—or revised (click here to see the Change Log)—during the next 12 months.
Sign up for Email Notifications
If you would like to receive email notifications whenever a new chapter of The Banknote Book is published, please join the email list.