The New Hebrides chapter of The Banknote Book is now available for individual sale at US$9.99, and as a free download to subscribers.
This 11-page catalog covers notes issued by the Comptoirs Français des Nouvelles-Hébrides (French Counters of the New Hebrides) in 1921, the Banque de l’Indochine (Bank of Indo-China) from 1941 to 1963, the Services Nationaux Français des Nouvelles Hébrides (French National Administration of the New Hebrides) in 1943, and the Institut d’Émission d’Outre-Mer (Overseas Issuing Institute) from 1968 to 1980. Revised 1 July 2016.
Each chapter of The Banknote Book includes detailed descriptions and background information, full-color images, and accurate valuations. The Banknote Book also features:
- Sharp color images of note’s front and back without overlap
- Face value or date of demonetization if no longer legal tender
- Specific identification of all vignette elements
- Security features described in full
- Printer imprint reproduced exactly as on note
- Each date/signature variety assigned an individual letter
- Variety checkboxes for tracking your collection and want list
- Date reproduced exactly as on note
- Precise date of introduction noted when known
- Replacement note information
- Signature tables, often with names and terms of service
- Background information for historical and cultural context
- Details magnified to distinguish between note varieties
- Bibliographic sources listed for further research
Subscribe to The Banknote Book
If you collect the entire world or a large number of countries, buying a $99 annual subscription is the best deal because it's less expensive than buying chapters individually, and it entitles you to every chapter currently available as well as everything published—or revised (click here to see the Change Log)—during the next 12 months.
Sign up for Email Notifications
If you would like to receive email notifications whenever a new chapter of The Banknote Book is published, please join the email list by clicking the button below.
Jul 29, 2009 09:16 AM Category: Oceania
500 francs. Like Pick 19, but new signature variety of Yves Roland-Billecart and Marcel Theron, which would seem to come between signatures 3 and 4. This combo has also been confirmed for the 1,000-franc note. If anyone has it on the 100-franc note, please send scans.
Courtesy of Rui Manuel Palhares.