Mar 28, 2014 09:56 AM Category: Miscellaneous
It is with great sadness that his family and the employees of Compagnie Generale De Bourse announce the death of the founder and chairman of their company, M. Michel Prieur, following cardiac arrest on 18 March 2014. The religious ceremony was held in Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet Church on 28 March.
While I never met Michel in person, we exchanged many emails over the years and he was an early supporter of The Banknote Book, graciously sending me a hard drive containing thousands of note images from past CGB sales for use in my catalog. In addition to sharing images, he was also generous with his time and provided thoughtful insight into our mutual hobby of banknote collecting. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to his family, friends, and colleagues.
The Saar chapter of The Banknote Book is now available for individual sale at US$0.99, and as a free download to subscribers.
At the time of initial publication, this 3-page catalog covers every note (16 types and varieties, including 8 notes unlisted in the SCWPM) issued by the Mines Domaniales de la Sarre (State-Owned Mines of the Saar) in 1919 and the Treasury in 1947.
Each chapter of The Banknote Book includes detailed descriptions and background information, full-color images, and accurate valuations. The Banknote Book also features:
- Sharp color images of note’s front and back without overlap
- Face value or date of demonetization if no longer legal tender
- Specific identification of all vignette elements
- Security features described in full
- Printer imprint reproduced exactly as on note
- Each date/signature variety assigned an individual letter
- Variety checkboxes for tracking your collection and want list
- Red stars highlight the many notes missing from the SCWPM
- Date reproduced exactly as on note
- Precise date of introduction noted when known
- Replacement note information
- Signature tables, often with names and terms of service
- Background information for historical and cultural context
- Details magnified to distinguish between note varieties
- Bibliographic sources listed for further research
Subscribe to The Banknote Book
If you collect the entire world or a large number of countries, buying a $99 annual subscription is the best deal because it's less expensive than buying chapters individually, and it entitles you to every chapter currently available as well as everything published—or revised (click here to see the Change Log)—during the next 12 months.
Sign up for Email Notifications
If you would like to receive email notifications whenever a new chapter of The Banknote Book is published, please join the email list.