Argentina new series B 100-peso note confirmed
Aug 12, 2013 08:24 AM Category: South America
On 21 September 2012, the Banco Central de la República Argentina began issuing 20 million commemorative 100-peso (US$22) notes bearing the face of Eva "Evita" Perón to mark the 60th anniversary of her death. These first issues have serial number suffix A.
Recently the bank has begun issuing suffix B notes which are similar, but have several significant differences.
- The outlined red flowers have been moved right, from underneath the green SPARK patch.
- The tree branches and leaves have been redrawn.
- The watermark is larger and the electrotype initials moved from left to right of the portrait.
- The vignette at left has been reengraved to reveal much more detail.
- The vertical denomination numerals have shifted from center left to upper left.
Anyone interested in buying one of these notes can contact the contributor by clicking the link below.
Courtesy of Hartmut Fraunhoffer (www.banknoten.de).