09/06/14 10:34 Filed in: Africa
Bushra Ali, a frequent contributor to this site and The Banknote Book, recently published the second edition of his Encyclopedia of Sudan Banknotes 1856 - 2012. This specialized catalog is available via Lulu.com as a print-on-demand book or an eBook. This 512-page second edition covers all notes from 1856 to 2012, and includes Egyptian notes used in Sudan, along with many notes unlisted in the SCWPM, such as unadopted designs, specimens, and proofs. Visit Lulu.com and click on the Preview link below the image of the book cover to see sample pages of this detailed catalog.
New in the second edition:
- section for un-Adopted Color Trial for Egypt Notes used in Sudan in Chapter 2
- Archives Specimen under Pricelist and re-edit some price under pricelist in Chapter 3
- more un-adopted Design for Sudan and Egypt notes used in Sudan in Chapter 2
- more information for some early Egypt notes in Chapter 1
- increase more than 65 pages from previous edition